Easy carmel sauce
This easy Carmel sauce only has a few ingredients and it’s a perfect staple for the holidays. It can be used as dip, sauce, topping… the options are endless. Now I know you can just go to the store and pick up a jar or squeezie bottle of it, but I just like to be able to control what ingredients and how much of it’s going in.
Easy caramel sauce ingredients
You most likely have the ingredients in your pantry and fridge already, and if not, the ingredients don’t cost too much, and you probably need it for other stuff anyway. All you need is sugar, water, butter, heavy cream, and the vanilla extract and salt are optional.
How to make the easy caramel sauce
To get started on the easy caramel sauce, put a medium sauce pan over medium heat, then combine the sugar and water. Swirl the pan gently so that the mixture is mixed together enough, then just leave it alone. If the sugar starts to crystalize on the sides, wet a wooden spoon and scrape it down back into the mixture.
Once the sugar water starts to boil, gently swirl the pan every so often until the mixture turns a caramel brown color and has reduced. At this point, add in the butter and and gently stir with a wooden spoon until it’s all melted. I only had a rubber spatula on hand but it had a wooden handle, so does that count? I actually don’t know why that matters, but I’ve always been told to use a wooden spoon, so that’s what I use.
After the butter has melted and is mixed in, add the vanilla and salt. I like doing this at this point because it cooks out some of the vanilla, which I think can be strong sometimes.You can always add more later.
Once you get all that done, take the pan off the fire or heat, and stir in the heavy cream. And that’s it! Let it cool down, and make sure your glass jar is at room temperature before you pour in the caramel sauce, so the glass doesn’t shatter.
Store it in the fridge and when you’re ready to use it, scoop out what you need then heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds so it’s saucy again. I’ve been using this sauce in my coffee, drizzled over desserts, and to dip my apples in. Are you team caramel sauce?
Make sure to check this link for more recipes.
Easy Carmel Sauce
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 c heavy cream room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Only swirl the pan gently at this point.
- Once it comes to a boil and turns caramely brown, add in the butter and stir it gently. You should use a wooden spoon but I used what I had on hand.
- Next pour in the vanilla and pinch of salt, then stir some more. If any of the sugar starts to crystallize again, wet your spoon and scrape the sides down and stir until it dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat then stir in the heavy cream.
- Let it cool a bit then transfer it to your glass jar. Just make sure your jar is room temp or warm so it doesn’t shatter from the hot and cold.
- Store it in the fridge and when you’re ready to use it, scoop out what you need then heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds so it’s saucy again.
Leave a Reply