3 ingredient pumpkin cake
It’s fall y’all and pumpkin is in the air… everywhere. I’m all about easy recipes, and this 3 ingredient pumpkin cake is not only perfect for the fall, but it’s so easy to make. Keep reading and I’ll tell you how you can make this a 2 ingredient recipe!
What’s in the 3 ingredient pumpkin cake?
The best part about this 3 ingredient pumpkin cake recipe is that it doesn’t have any eggs. This is huge for us because Kelsey is allergic to eggs, so we’re always finding recipes or alternatives for her. So what’s in this cake you ask? One box of yellow cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, and a can of pumpkin puree. And to make it two ingredients, use a spice cake mix instead of the yellow cake mix, and omit the pumpkin pie spice. I like to control the amount of spice I put in mine so I opt for the yellow cake mix.
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees (or the recommended temperature for your altitude and type of pan you’re using), and grease an 8 inch pan.
Then in a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin pie spice.
Up next is the pumpkin puree. Mix it until it’s well incorporated. You can use a hand mixer, but I just used a rubber spatula, and that works just fine.
After the batter is all mixed up, pour the batter into your greased pan, and bake for 31 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
My cake only needed to be baked for 31 minutes, but it will vary depending on your altitude and type of pan you’re using.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix or spice cake mix to make it 2 ingredients
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice mix omit if using spice cake mix
- 1 can (14 or 15 oz) Pumpkin Puree not pumpkin pie mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8 inch pan
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin pie spice
- Mix in the pumpkin puree until well incorporated (I just used a rubber spatula)
- Pour the batter into your greased pan, and bake for 35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean
- To make it even more fun, you can mix in some chocolate chips, and top it with ice cream or whipped cream.